Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I live in an apartment that has a slide-in Frigidaire range

I live in an apartment that has a slide-in Frigidaire range (4 burners on top, oven under that, then utility drawer). I don't have an owner's manuel nor a model#. My cat jumped on the counter & continued walking across the range top & as he went across the control panel in front of burners stepped on the button that locked the oven door. Is there a way to get the door to open without the help of the model# XXXXX service appt?

have you tried putting this is self clean and then canceling it? have you tried shutting the breaker off for 5 minutes and then back on?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I press Clean, then I just press Clear/Off?
yes try pressing clean and wait to see if it starts to heat up then press clear/off , see if it unlocks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No it didn't work. The oven never went on & the door didn't unlock.
ok that means the door lock will need to be removed to get it unlocked, you will need a tech for this unfortunately. sorry, thanks, Bryan