Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

When the washer hits the rinse/spin cycle it does not click.

Customer Question

When the washer hits the rinse/spin cycle it does not click. It just shuts off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get us the make and model #? thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

This was a question that was asked just answer order #6628885-873, 12:50 pm on

September 1st. For some reason, I never got an answer. Maybe because, according

to Chrissie in Customer Support I set up a guest account where my transaction was posted but never got the response. (Admin. Code PR-CUS-37) I would rather not pay for this answer twice, but I understand that you guys should be compensated for your

time. In answer to your question, The machine is a Kenmore 80 series, model number

110.24832200. Serial number is XXXXX Last week the machine just stopped at the spin cycle and would not drain. I tried all cycles with a pensil in the door switch and in all cases, the machine just stopped. no clicks. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sounds like the door switch failed, Part 547225do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not have one, but I know a few guys who do. If it turns out to be the door switch as I thought, a part number would be greatly appreciated. (and basically how to get to it). Thanks for your help !
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, part #
3949238 heres a great video to remove the cabinet to access this, you can order the part @ if needed, well wishes and thanks, Bryan

P.S if you didn't press accept on the last post (the other open question you had) then ask for a refund for that one and then pay me for this one if you like, they only took the money as a deposit, if you do accept mine answer i will put in for a refund on the other one for you, thats up to you though, I'm not trying to pressure you into anything, just trying to help.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank You Very Much for all your help. I'll let you know how I made out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, thanks Bryan