Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE side by side model # GSS25MSSE SS that started

I have a GE side by side model # XXXXX SS that started initially to have a lazy ice dispensing motion. You could hear that the motor turning the cork screw that moves the ice was struggling. Then we started to have intermttant water dispensing whereby the water would sometimes come out. The other very unusual sound was that there would be a change in tone of the Fan motor in the back everytime we tried to dispense water. Now every time we try to do anything relating to ice or water the sound of the cooling fan in the back goes away completely, almost as though the fridge shuts down momentarily and then after 20secs or so the fridge starts up again. I am not sure what is going on here, please help. Thanks Denis

your mother board is bad in this, this is located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8x10" cover, you can order this @ this controls everything and are prone to failure, G.E. re designed these 4 times, this is the latest one, thanks Bryan