Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore 27cf side-by-side refrigerator. The water

I have a Kenmore 27cf side-by-side refrigerator. The water supply tube keeps popping off at the water refill tube where it goes into the freezer compartment. I removed the refill tube and found it to be frozen. I thawed it, replaced it and hooked up the water supply. It lasted a couple of days and then froze again. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

is the cup that the water drops into on the ice maker itself frozen, ? its in the bottom right in this picture,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, it has remained empty each time.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is there water getting to the ice maker itself when you do clear this tube? does it make ice for a few days?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it will make ice for a day or 2 and then freeze right at the apex of the refill tube.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok I believe the fill valve is dripping after its done filling this and the drips freeze and after a few days block the tube, this is a common issue, you should replace the fill valve, its not closing tightly after it fills the ice maker, you can order this @ and its located where the water line from the house connects, thanks Bryan