Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have model SF365BEY self-cleaning gas range. Oven seemed

I have model SF365BEY self-cleaning gas range. Oven seemed to be hit or miss recently as far as heating up, top burners are OK. I just removed the oven bottom and burner baffle and checked for start up. The igniter glowed and oven lit after about 40 seconds, igniter stayed lit, oven heated to 300 degrees (set temperature) and burner shut off, igniter stayed lit. The flames seemed high with white tips, not how they should look according to the installation instructions. I would like to adjust to a lower flame but the instructions are vague, referencing the air shutter near the center rear of the oven burner and instructing to loosen the lock screw and adjust the air shutter. I am confused as to where this is due to a lack of good pictures. Also, any ideas as to the original issue with intermittent heating of the oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

you need the change the igniter, these get weak and either open the valve and then not reopen it or after a while will just glow and not open the valve at all, change the igniter the re adjust the flame as needed,the shutter is at the bottom of the burner tube just above the valve, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is the igniter to replace?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
not that difficult, its # XXXXX on this diagram, its on the burner assembly in the bottom of the oven there are 2 screws and it plugs in, Part 1255you can order one @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-SF365BEY-%3d%3di1255&PartID=1255 thanks Bryan