Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Kenmore 80 Series washer wont drain the water. It will

My Kenmore 80 Series washer won't drain the water. It will come on for the rinse cycle and then stop. I've tried moving it to a different cycle, but it's still not draining. How can I get the water to drain?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

when you lift the lid and lower it do you hear a click from the door lid switch? can you get me the full model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX Is that what you are looking for?

I don't hear a click when I open and close the door.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, your lid switch is bad, Part 547225this is the part that the post on the lid hits when it goes through the top of the washer, you can order this @ and heres a great video on how to take the cabinet off so you can access this, this will fix your machine, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is there a way to get it to drain the water before I fix it? I may not be able to fix it for a few days and I would hate for the water to sit that long.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry, i was off line. if you know how to cut the wire and jump the switch.(bypass it) can you do that?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I don't know how to do that.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , this is tough then . you will need to bail the water out unfortunately, sorry, thanks Bryan