Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

keypad Normal Wash and Start/Cancel do not work. All others

Customer Question

keypad Normal Wash and Start/Cancel do not work. All others work, but console flashes and eventually all lights just stop flashing and nothing works
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get us the full model #?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is a Maytag Legacy Series, Quietseries 300
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thats not the model # XXXXX will be a tag with the full model # XXXXX here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Built in

• Inside the door jamb, to the left, right, or top
  • On the door, to the left, right or top

Portable

• On the back of the unit
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not on the door, but inside to the left of where the door shuts there are numbers:

MBDH975AWW

36840764LL

Type: 776-0
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
could it be , MDBH975AWW ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am at work now, but yes I suppose I could have transposed the letters...sorry
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thats fine, the main control board is the problem in this, this is in the door, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-MdbH975AWW-%3d%3dei1184174&PartID=1184174 pull the old one out to make sure before ordering, also check the plug connections to make sure they are tight, you may get lucky and one is loose, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan,

I have the door apart, nothing loose, I am going to order the board and see if it works.

thank you,

Randy
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your welcome, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, I just put the new control board in and it is still acting the exact same way. The normal wash and the start/cancel buttons do not work.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
do they light up? this is unusual , the keypad itself may be bad,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, the normal wash and the start/cancel buttons when pushed has a very, very dim light on the Washing light, no others, if you let go of the button that dim light goes ot. It was doing that with the original control board as well. No difference with this board then the other. If you push any other wash cycle the LED lights up bright up flashes for a short while then goes out. If it's the keypad I wouldn't know how to change that, it appears to be a stick on of some sort.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
the touch pad is the whole control panel # XXXXX on this diagram,