Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore Undercounter Dishwasher Model 587.15074200

I have a Kenmore Undercounter Dishwasher Model 587.15074200 in which the control panel does not respond and several of the indicator lights are constantly blinking.

The control buttons are blinking and we can't get it to run. We have tried everything we can think of to get it to reset and run to no avail. Nothing happens when the 'start/cancel' button is pushed.

All of the following indicator lights are blinking- Washing, Drying, Sanitized, Clean,
And the 6 hr light oVer the delay/start button is also blinking. When we shut the power of and turned it back on --the machine it goes through a mini (2 minute) wash cycle, i.e. a small amount of water comes in sloshes around and drains out.

Can you help?

XXXXX XXXXX
Berwyn, PA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

the electronic control board is bad in this, Part 936984its located in the door, remove the screws around the inside of the door and lift the panel up, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-587.15074200-%3d%3dei936984&PartID=936984 for $58.00, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So if I go ahead and order the part ---is the removal of the bad and installation of the new circuit board easy? ie, can a lay person do this ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

sure you can install this, just open the door up like I said and this just plugs in, thanks Bryan