Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The outer glass door broke on my Kenmore oven--Model XXXXXXXXXXX

The outer glass door broke on my Kenmore oven--Model XXXXXXXXXXX In order to fix, are the appropriate parts to order, the 1) Trim Kit-door, and 2)the Door Glass?
Is there some sort of "how to" online manual I can go to for help with the installation once the parts arrive, or do I just have to figure it out for myself?
Also, is it safe to use my oven in the meantime while I'm waiting for the parts?? The oven door glass (on the inside) is fine.

Thanks.
Bethany
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you resend the model # XXXXX a space between each #? it didn't come through.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model 7 9 0 9 3 7 5 1 1 0 2
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
is this the glass that broke? Part 833655
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, thats it
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okn heres the diagram. is the trim part # XXXXX damaged?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The trim in part 3 is all in one piece, not bent or anything. The only question I have about it is this--
the trim piece that goes up the left side seems to be loose at the top, where it somehow attaches near the oven door handle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
that slides up inside part # XXXXX was it loose before this broke?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it was loose before this break.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK-so you're saying that I only need the door glass, but not the trim kit?

Also, what about some sort of online instruction manuel on how to install the glass. Do you know of any helpful websites or could you send me something??

And, (last but not least!!), can I use the oven in the meantime? We're a family of 7, and I use the oven often!
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if the door shuts tightly you can use it but be careful the other glass can get hot, keep the kids away from it, as far as replacing it , you need to remove the door and lay it down to get it apart, if you open the door about 1/3 of the way there should be holes in the hinge you put small nails through then close the door against them and lift it up and out of the oven, there really isn't any how to instructions on line, but sometimes if you search you tube they have different videos they may help. I believe however this one is an easy one , remove the bottom screws holding the trim and the glass slides up into the top then replace the trim, just remember to make sure theres no glass left in any of the trim pieces, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.