Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My refrigerator (GE side by side) makes a whining noise when

Customer Question

My refrigerator (GE side by side) makes a whining noise when it runs which it did not used to make. What can be done about it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The model number is: GSH25KGRE CC.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok is the noise louder when you open the freezer door or does it stop? also is there any frost on the back panel in the freezer at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan, noise is slightly louder but does not stop when I open freezer door. There is no frost on back panel.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , the mother board is bad in this, G.E. had to redesign these board 4 times because of failure. this is located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8x10" cover. you will need to replace it, the part # XXXXX XXXXX and they have it at but if you search the net you can get them cheaper, just goggle the part #, thanks Bryan