Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

Water remains in the bottom of the dishwasher at the end of

Water remains in the bottom of the dishwasher at the end of the cycle. GE Model GSD5940D01SS. "Triton Profile Performance". A repair person could not find anything wrong, and therefore concluded "it is the board", which will require $250 or more to replace. Does this answer make sense? Is there any other possibility? Should we just get a new dishwasher?
does it drain at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It does apparently drain at some point. My kluge fix has been to run the wash cycle, then to clear the cloudy water in the bottom (over an inch sometimes), I run the rinse cycle, then air-dry the dishes. The water left then is clear. So somehow the dirty water is draining.
hate to tell you but the guy was right ,, the control board is bad and hope not to make you mad but i would put that money towards a new dishwasher and it will come with a full one year all parts and labor warranty and the board only comes with 30 day warranty