John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have an amana palg643rbc gas dryer. When the dryer is on

I have an amana palg643rbc gas dryer. When the dryer is on and working, there is a click sound, then the glow coil lights, then the gas turns on. After the machine goes through a few heating cyles, Instead of a click, you hear a busing sound like one of the relay's is not closing, the glow plug gets hot but the gas does not turn on, then the glow plug shouts down and the unit continues to cycle without ever turning on. Is the problem with the coils on the gas valve or is there something else wrong. If it is in the coils can the be removed and replaced?

Thanks for the question.

Are you saying that for the rest of the cycle the igniter doesnt light anymore or it does light but no gas flow.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The igniter light's but the gas valve does not open to turn on the gas. If I let every thing cool down, the gas will turm on for one or two cycles only.

The problem is the gas coils on your model you cant buy the coils separate you have to replace the gas valve, which in only about $ 30.00 more than the coils, Sears has them in stock.