Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Kenmore washing machine is not working properly. it is

My Kenmore washing machine is not working properly.
it is a Super Capacity 3.5 Quiet Tumble. 8 amps.

I've had it for 3 years, so I believe the warranty has expired. All the lights come on when I close the door, accept the "door locked" light. The door seems to be latching correctly. The "Start" button blinks, but the washer never starts running. This happened all of a sudden 2 days ago. No new detergent or oversized item. I can't figure out why it won't start.

please advise, Penny Treese XXX-XXX-XXXX

it has a sticker to call 18004myhome, however, complaints posted on the internet lead me to believe that is a waste of time and money. Thank you kindly, Penny
This is just a faulty door latch unfortunately. The PTC sensor inside the door latch isn't activating so reguardless of whether or not the door is shutting securely. You'll need to order and replace the door latch assembly in order to correct the issue.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I believe I understand, however, whom should I contact or contract to come to my home and replace the door latch assembly? Where should I first order/purchase the door latch assembly? thank you for your help, Penny Treese
you'll want to call Sears Parts and Service and you can order the part through them and schedule service if you want. You'll want to open the door and look at the sticker around the door way to get the model number so that you can order the correct part.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
must get back to you by 3pm. bonus will be awarded!
ok good luck.