Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Elite HE3 electric dryer that will not dry

I have a Kenmore Elite HE3 electric dryer that will not dry clothes. Dryer turns on and runs but there is no heat. Checked vent for obstructions but nothing found. Circuit breaker was not tripped.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
so if it's not heating at all on an electric dryer that means your element is likely bad. If you remove the lower front panel, there are 3 screws along the bottom you need to unscrew to remove it. The element is located in the sheet metal canister under the drum on the right side. You'll want to order replace.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I identify the element, where inside the sheet metal canister is it located. What does it look like?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
below is a link to what the elment looks like and I'm not sure what you mean by "where inside the sheet metal canister", because it's the only thing inside the canister.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Got it I disconnected it from the wiring on the left side(Facing Element) but it doesn't seem to want to come out, any suggestions? ALso, how do I tell if it is bad or not?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
there should be a screw coming in from the left side of the canister and you'll need to remove that.

If you have a multimeter you'll need to check resistance and it should read between 10 and 50 if it's good. If you don't have a multimeter you'll just need to replace it.