Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a kitchenaid side-by-side and I had replace the evap

I have a kitchenaid side-by-side and I had replace the evap motor but its not working. It doesn't have an schematic nor a service manual so can you please help me out thanks.
what is going on with your machine exactly? The evap motor isn't running? Is the compressor running? Are the silver coils under the evap fan motor frosting up?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes its frosting up and the led in the freezer is giving a code of 2
um, this unit doesn't have error codes. What do you mean it's "giving a code of 2" ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
while inside of the freezer by the icemaker theres a led and when i install the evap motor inside the box they said to test you have to hold the filter and the powerkey for 3 seconds so i held the filter botton and the off/on button but nothing happen
I have no idea who told you that but that won't test anything. If your evap fan motor isn't moving and it's new, you need to to check the defrost thermostat. The defrost thermostat is a little 1" round device attached to the top of the evaporator coils. If you check resistance it should read less than 1 ohm, otherwise replace it. If it checks good, you'll need to replace the control board.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the defrost t-stat came with the motor and before it had an computer like fan in there before that was working but not working right also the boad is in the frig part up top right

then unfortunately you have a bad control board. And no, the board you need is the main relay control board located behind the refrigerator down by the compressor. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.