Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool Duet front loading washer GHW9150PW. I

I have a Whirlpool Duet front loading washer GHW9150PW. I tried to start a cycle yesteray. I put the clothes in, pressed start, the door locked, the washer loaded and then nothing. It sounded like it was trying to start. I tried pressing pause/cancel numerous times and nothing. Finally I unplugged it and I then tried again about 1/2 hour later. Same thing and nothing happened. The main problem is that I have my kids uniforms locked in the washing machine and I can't open it. Service is coming on Friday, but I would love to at least find a way to open the door. I have another washing machine that I can use in my house, but I just need to open the door.

ok opening the door, you need to remove the bottom panel under the door, (there are three screws) they are almost on the floor you have to look under real low, once the panel is off reach up inside to the door latch assembly and pull down on the ring at the bottom of the latch. seen here sideways on the right, the ring faces down in machine, this will open the door. thanks Bryan