Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool front loading washing machine - WFW8400TW02.

I have a Whirlpool front loading washing machine - WFW8400TW02. The door will not unlock unless I do so manual. It appears the machine locked up before completing the last laod. If I unplug the machine and press start nothing happens. The add garment light comes on and that is it. I can get the door to lock again, but will not unlock. I assume a control board failed. Thank you
if the door is locking, the control board isn't at fault, the problem is going to be the lock motor itself. I know that doesn't make sense but you'll just need to trust me on that. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Why will the machine after I have manually unlocked the door , pulled the plu to reset the machine, will it not start again. The control board seems to have an issue. Again, I can hear the solenoid latch the door but it will not unlook it if I hold the End of Cycle button in the required 3 seconds.
I understand, but like I said---you just need to trust me. I've seen this happen many times and you need a latch assembly. It doesn't make sense so don't try to make sense about it.