Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an older Thermador range/stove model GSC30CV. It is

Customer Question

I have an older Thermador range/stove model GSC30CV. It is in great condition except that the igniters continuously click/spark. I have placed a call into the local service folks, who seem at a loss at to which parts/likely cause. They haven't made it out to me yet (out here in Maine). This has happened on and off in the past (especially with humid weather - we live near the shore). In 2004, they replaced the "power relay" but evidently that part is no longer available. They aren't sure that that is the cause anyway...any ideas how to proceed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

moister is probably the blame for this, the spark module gets moister in it and will fire spark. the problem is you really cant do much but dry this out, diagrams are not available so cant tell you were its located, parts are not available either, if you know where the spark module is located you can take a hair dryer and try drying this out, other than that not much else can be done, sorry, thanks Bryan