Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Superba side by side ( KSBS25FKSS02) and there is

I have a Superba side by side ( KSBS25FKSS02) and there is a small amount of water that leaks from the front of the "mold ice" part of the ice maker causing all the ice in the front of the storage tray to form one big chuck that it hard to remove. I can see an attachment of ice forming straight up to the front of the mold ice part. At least once a day I have to remove the tray, breaking the ice attachment as described above and removed that large mass of ice cube that have been molded together in the from of the tray._Does anybody know what is going on here? Thank you in advance.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Have you checked the cup the water goes into on the ice maker to make sure that it is not clogged up with ice, if ice is in there it will overflow into the bin instead of the icemaker...

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is my third attempt at replying to you, so pardon me if you've already received those messages. The cup is not clogged with ice. The leak is coming from the opposite end which forms a mass a ice in the front of the storage tray. The unit continues to make ice cubes as long as I clear the big chunk of ice out of the tray every day.
I have just received this request, do you have any hollow ice cubes or shattered ones inside the bin where the ice falls into?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no

I think you ice maker is letting to much water into it causing this problem, I would replace the motor module on the front of the icemaker with part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, http://www.apwagner.com/, http://www.repairclinic.com/, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/, or http://www.partstore.com/, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Part 961550

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If the motor was not functioning properly, can it still push out newcubes?
It can push out new cubes however if it goes around too slow it can turn the water valve on for to long of a time, I have only seen this problem maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Would this make it drip constantly?

If you turn off the icemaker and the drip continues then you have a bad water valve, if the drip stops then you have a bad module on the ice maker...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the drip stops when the icemaker is turned off
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What part should I replace? You said this means a bad module...what do you mean?
Replace part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. I will try it out.
Let me know how it goes. Chas