Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The LED on my wirlpool dryer is showing the message E68. What

Customer Question

The LED on my wirlpool dryer is showing the message E68. What is this indicating and how do I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the full model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
is this a Canadian model? the model is comming up a Frigidaire dryer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not a Canadian model. Sticker says Augusta, GA
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
cant pull up the tech sheets on this, can you recheck the model #?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Fridgidaire / Affinity Model # XXXXX XXXXX

Serial # XXXXX Manufactured 10/07

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

this dryer is made by Frigidaire, this is what you can try,

Error E68 on Frigidaire dryer means that One of the keys (buttons) is stuck closed (active). Please check whether any button is pressed or stuck. Also try removing the lint filter and clean the contacts of the inside of the filter.
Try performing function test to check which button is at fault. Enter function test mode and perform key (button) test to determine which button is at fault. Carefully free the and perform the test again. If button is free but the key struck code still exists then you'll need to replace the electronic control.

Function Test--

1. Press and hold Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset the control. The buzzer will sound 1 time and "rES" will be shown briefly in the display.
2. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 5 turns counter-clockwise to the second position from the bottom. Press and hold the Options and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds. The control will enter test mode, the buzzer will sound 3 times and all LED's will rapidly flash.
To EXIT test mode, press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds or disconnect power from dryer. Dryer will be reset for regular operation.

let me know if this works, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I followed your instructions. When I pressed the options and cancel buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds....the buzzer did not sound 3 times nor did the LED's rapidly flash. I then held the select / cancel buttons for 6 seconds to exit. The dryer appears to be reset. No buttons appeared to be stuck and I now have no E68 message.

It appears the dryer is now reset.

Thank you,

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your very welcome, good job, thanks Bryan