Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Help! We just cleaned our Maytag Gemini oven and now it is

Customer Question

Help! We just cleaned our Maytag Gemini oven and now it is beeping intermittently and it is showing F9-2, and telling us to call a service number or an authorized Maytag servicer. I called the service number, but the outgoing message at that number says they are not open till morning. What should we do?

Now, it is still beeping intermittently and showing the F9-2 code, and the door is still locked.
It is now after midnight, so if this service is not going to answer me back and I can call the Maytag service telephone number when they open at 8am Eastern (5am this time zone) then I am going to want the fee refunded.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

THe upper oven door lock is jammed closed, that is the error code that you received, you can remove the back cover on the oven an manually open the door and hopefully the lock will reset, otherwise you will need to replace the upper door lock mechanism on the unit.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory