Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my frig just stop maken ice. the arm is in its down postion

Customer Question

my frig just stop maken ice. the arm is in it's down postion what else do i look for
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
The best thing to do is fill the icemaker up with a cup of water and see if the icemaker is still cycling or not. If it doesn't dump the ice out in 24 hours, you'll just need to order and replace your icemaker.

If t dumps the ice but doesn't fill back up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker. If it's frozen solid, it won't let water through so you'll need to use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out of the fill tube. If you find that the fill tube is clear and it still doesn't fill with water, replace the electronic water valve on the back of your unit. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Whirlpool makes the icemaker for Amana if you were wondering.