SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

Upper and lower drawer beeping f1 code; cannot get to stop

Customer Question

Upper and lower drawer beeping f1 code; cannot get to stop.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. You will need to remove the lower drawer all the way out and remove the water that is in the lower base pan. Then we can look for the leak or clog that caused the water to get down there. What model do you have? DD60? Let me know and I can give you exact instructions on how to remove the drawer. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-e9xq6907- :

I do not know the model. It is about five years old. I just had to do a complete house rewire so things are moved around so I do not know where the book is. I do not see anything on the dd. If I get the bottom drawer out, will it stop beeping? That is all I need so it does not wake my kids up and I can go to sleep!! :)

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

It sounds like you have a 603. You should be able to push in on square shaped pieces on the sides of the drawer. Then you can remove the drawer and set to the left. Suck up all the water. Remove the board cover in back of the machine by sliding to the right while pushing the front locking tab in. You may need to run a blow dryer on the board to dry it out. Then you can reset the breaker and the F-1 will go away. If you need it to shut off you can turn the breaker off and remove the water later. Thanks, Sam