Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.
27890704

I have an 11 year old Frigidaire side/side refrigerator/freezer.

Customer Question

I have an 11 year old Frigidaire side/side refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker stopped making ice, then started again but very slowly and the water coming to the door dispenser is very slow. Can you give me any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Peter :

Hi, my name is Peter.

Peter :

Did you bleed water out of the dispenser at the door when you change the filter. Approximately 8 big glasses. If you did then take the filter out and reattach it. If you still do not get good water pressure at the door then check the water pressure where it hooks up to the refrigerator from the house. If that is good then you probably have a plugged water valve and need to replace the valve.

Peter :

You may send further questions directly to me.

Peter :

Please push the green accept button.

Peter :

Thank you,

Peter :

Peter

Customer :

The ice maker is also not getting enough water to make ice cubes. Would your suggestion help with that? Is there only one valve that might need replacing? If yes, where is it located? Thank you.