Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance

I have a maytag side by side refrigerator my freezer isnt

Customer Question

I have a maytag side by side refrigerator my freezer isn't freezing, I unplugged it and that didn't work freezer fan is running any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Repairman1981 :

Listen for the compressor clicking, I would plug in and see if you hear any compressor noises from the machine compartment. If you do not then you should pull the back wall in the freezer and look at the frost pattern on the coils

Repairman1981 :

Should be fully frosted in less than 10 mins if you don't have a problem, if the compressor isn't clicking you just have a freon issue, if you do hear clicking the compressor could be bad in addition to a freon issue. Thanks!