Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance

I have a Whirlpool WTW6400SW2 top load machine. Ive only

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool WTW6400SW2 top load machine. I've only had it a couple of years, but now it won't complete a load without it stopping without the UL error message. It always happens prior to the spin cycle when the machine shows there is 12 minutes left. It happens 80% of the time. I can even re-distribute the load of clothes and it still won't finish without the UL error.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Repairman1981 :

typically if the machine is balanced well, and the shocks and springs are in place correctly, you have a loading problem. The UL code comes when the tub cannot balance the load. I would have to see it run to tell you the issue, since I cannot and you have had a servicer look at it, I will say either your servicer isn't very skilled, or you have a loading problem. I am sure he would have checked level and moved the tub to check the springs and shocks