How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rob clement Your Own Question
rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 593
Experience:  20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
rob clement is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Water is leaking into the regular and freezer portions of the

This answer was rated:

Water is leaking into the regular and freezer portions of the refrigerator. In the regular portion, it is leaking next to the light from what appears to be a vent. The water is clean and increases when I put warm items in to chill.
Chat Conversation Started
rob clement :

Hi, I suspect your drain is frozen , and you will need to add a drain heater.Do you have water freezing on the floor of the freezer and water dripping in the refrigerator,or just condensation in both compartments?

JACUSTOMER-tf140b03- :

Just as you describe - water dripping in fridge and freezing on the floor/bottom of the freezer. Started after 4 years of no problems. What is a drain heater?

rob clement :

It is basically a heat transfer using a small piece of metal stuck into the drain to stop the drain from freezing.The part number you need is 819043.You will need to remove the back inside wall of the freezer and thaw the drain,the heater will need to be attached to the heater and put inside the drain.

rob clement and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you