rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances
15347769

Water is leaking into the regular and freezer portions of the

Water is leaking into the regular and freezer portions of the refrigerator. In the regular portion, it is leaking next to the light from what appears to be a vent. The water is clean and increases when I put warm items in to chill.
Chat Conversation Started
rob clement :

Hi, I suspect your drain is frozen , and you will need to add a drain heater.Do you have water freezing on the floor of the freezer and water dripping in the refrigerator,or just condensation in both compartments?

JACUSTOMER-tf140b03- :

Just as you describe - water dripping in fridge and freezing on the floor/bottom of the freezer. Started after 4 years of no problems. What is a drain heater?

rob clement :

It is basically a heat transfer using a small piece of metal stuck into the drain to stop the drain from freezing.The part number you need is 819043.You will need to remove the back inside wall of the freezer and thaw the drain,the heater will need to be attached to the heater and put inside the drain.