Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I bought 2 used commercial refrigerators a couple months ago,One

I bought 2 used commercial refrigerators a couple months ago,One works just fine.The other takes a long time to come back down to the proper tempature.After the door is opened.It takes about twice as long as the other one.It does get back down to the right temp. but it takes a while.
I have cleaned the coils.There is plenty of space behind the unit for air flow.

It is a
Traulsen
Model #UR30HT
Serial #M301450 8L
Refrigerant 12 15oz
Min Circut Ammpacity -15
Max Overcurrent Protector-15
Phase-1
Cycles-60
I hope someone can help me fix this problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
it does come back down when the door is shut and left closed ,,, right?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
do you see any frost on the inside back wall?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no frost
are these frost free units?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes they are
open the door and press the light switch and tell me if the fan blows inside please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the fan still blows with the light out
thanks ,, you are just a little low on freon and if you find a appliance servicer with a small shop you can get them to come out and charge the system ,, if you call someone like sears then they will have to find the leak, patch it and recharge and system which will cost more then its worth ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
i will be off line for rest of the day to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back in the morning / thanks Larry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank You Larry

Do you think I'll have a problem finding someone with R12?

its still around and i even carry it so you should be able to find someone with some
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service