Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a Hampton Bay Fan - Model No ODS-16. 120 VAC 60 Hz

I have a Hampton Bay Fan - Model No ODS-16. 120 VAC 60 Hz 1.2A UL File No E-144918 - Vendor NO 11688 & UPC #082392 277161. When I pulled the cord for it to come on - something went pop and then the fan did not start. Is there some type of replacement warrenty on these fans. I love my fan and would like another just like it!! Any suggestions?

Susan M. Reeves [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer..My name is XXXXX XXXXX fan is less than 1 year old then you can take it directly to Home Depot...The Hampton Bay fans are built for Home Depot exclusively..They are the only company which carries this brand...If the warranty is up then most likely you will need to replace.From what you are explaining It sounds like maybe the pull switch has shorted out Or possibly that your house wiring at the junction box has just shorted out..