Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

I have a Magic Chef, about 1995 model, gas, oven/broiler, built-in,

I have a Magic Chef, about 1995 model, gas, oven/broiler, built-in, 24", white glass doors. Need to find the part number of the clock-timer. It says "Borg Instruments" C-1906-9 on the circuit board.

Randomly the alarm goes off on this board. Can it be repaired? Is the part still available for purchase?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am here to assist you. Okay if you open the oven door you should see a label. On the label should be a model number. May I please have the model number of the unit so I can search your part?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That is the problem... There are no labels anywhere on the doors. I am trying to avoid to pull the oven out of the cabinet...
Expert:  Randy replied 6 years ago.
Okay. let me see what I can do.
Expert:  Randy replied 6 years ago.

Okay, sorry about that. I found the part but unfortunately the part is discontinued by the manufacturer and there is no known substitute. The site I use is a very trusted site when it comes to the parts. I am going to send you a link to a diagram and let you see your exact part . Look closely and you can see everything you said was on the board. Again sorry about the bad news and I am here for any further assistance.