Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

We have a Model WJRE555OH1WW washer ser # HR153417G. Weve

We have a Model WJRE555OH1WW washer ser # XXXXX We've owned it for a few years (I think). My problem is the discharge water tends to back up and go all over the floor and cellar (split level house).This has happened a handful of times and each time we snake the line 25 to 35 feet and pull out no clogs. We then put in the drain pipe, normal Home Depot drain cleaners and it seems to operate awhile and then it overflows again. We did that last night and unfortunately, the over flow occurred again today. I tried to restrict the flow frm the output of the machine by installing a pvc 3/4 inch x 1/2 piece just before the hose inlet. Still overflowed. I just ran into the drain approximately 45 gallons of hot water (rate apprx. 3 -4 gpm) and no back up. I now suspect a venting problem as the cause. Mt drain pipe is 1 1/2 in ID and the drain hose outlet is approx 1 1/16 OD. the hose sticks into the drain pipe aprox. 6 inches. Any suggestions? Smaller ID outlet hose?? reduce the # XXXXX inches hose is inserted into drain?? Help!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer..My name is XXXXX XXXXX washer up on High water level...Once full...Set the washer to drain and spin...At the same time hold the drain hose from washer just up above the drain pipe from house..See if you get different results after trying this..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bob, just went down cellar and found more water there. Not sure when or how it happened. So won't accept your answer, yet. Assuming I accept it later, how do I do that
Now would be a good time to try what i explained to you...This will tell you if your main drain is backing up...Which most like it is...Just because you drained water down it and it didn't over flow doesn't mean the drain is not the problem...If in the house hold other utilities are draining at the same time then it would add to the water volume...(bath water...Washer..At the same time..)...You would need press the green accept button to accept..