Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a Whirlpool range/oven M/N SF368LEPT2, S/N RS4911318.

I have a Whirlpool range/oven M/N SF368LEPT2, S/N RS4911318. My oven and broiler ignitors are not sparking. I checked the module and there are 120V at the board. I hit bake and start and tested the bake terminal to ground and got 50V. I got the same reading when checking the broiler terminal. I ran a self test and the code came back Good, not sure why when the oven isn't coming on. Does this sound like the spark module or the ignitor? I'm leaning toward the module (panel) since both the bake and broiler ignitors fail to come on. The spark does work for the surface burners. As a side note, my wife cleaned the surface burners and may have gotten those ignitors wet as they didn't work yesterday but not that they're dried out they all work fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
its not either ,, the control board is the problem and not suppling enough power to the oven and it will have to be replaced and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just for my clarification there are 2 boards on the oven. I checked the control panel where the line voltage comes in and am getting 120V at the line in side and also coming out from the red wire (3-wire connector) going to the 10-pin connector (at terminal 6). Is what you're calling the control panel the main panel where the line voltage comes in and where I'm getting 120V? The other panel with the 10-pin connector has the terminals for the Ground, Bake, and Broil where I was only getting 50V. I just wanted clarification for myself so I order the right part. I will pay you, I just want to be sure I don't get the wrong part.

Thanks,

Vince

the oven control board is the one thats for the bake and broil is the one and not the one you punch to set
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What should the voltage be at the ignitor side of the "Bake" terminal? Is the voltage different for the surface burners? I didn't get any reading at the 4 surface burners but they are still sparking. Sorry to be such a pain. Thanks for your help. I'll pay you shortly.

you should have 110v to the igniter's
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Larry,

As a follow-up to yesterday's messages, this morning I ran a jumper from the line voltage (110V) to the ignitor wire running to the bake ignitor. I had the oven on bake and still didn't have any spark. Is there a reason the ignitor still wouldn't spark? Is there something else on the board I could jumper out to ensure the board is bad?

Thanks,

Vince