Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

My Whirlpool - Duet, model GHW9100LQ, will not spin or agitate,

My Whirlpool - Duet, model: GHW9100LQ, will not spin or agitate, how can I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am here to assist you. Does it do everything else okay ie; fill and drain? Does it run through a complete cycle with no faults?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, the washer does everything else fills and drains with no problem. It runs through a complete cycle with out faults
Expert:  Randy replied 6 years ago.

Okay, sorry about the delay. What you need to do is take off the back of the washer and see if the belt is still on there. If so then take the belt off of the drum wheel and start your washer and look to see if the motor turns without the belt. I am sending you a diagram so you can see where the drum belt is in relationship to the washer. The belt is #3 on the diagram and the wheel I am talking about is #2 on the diagram.

Expert:  Randy replied 6 years ago.

Okay, that diagram didn't work so I will send you the link and then click on the diagram for you to get an expanded version.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
got it...I'll try it and see if works..

Thank you!
Expert:  Randy replied 6 years ago.
Excellent job and I will be here in case you need more assistance.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello Randy,

I checked the belt and readjusted it and the washer is spinning...however there is a noise that I am concerned about that was noticed when the washer stopped is a fast clicking noise...5-10 seconds long like the ticking of a clock...should I be concerned?
Expert:  Randy replied 6 years ago.

Listen for where the clicking is coming from. Make sure it is not something caught in the vanes of the drum. That is the most common problem like if a coin or bobbie pin get caught in there. Also look inside the drum carefully and see if there is not a wire from a bra that got caught in one of small hole of the drum. You will have to look carefully. Lastly, take the back off of the washer and go in the spin mode and make sure the belt is tracking correctly and nothing is hitting the wheel. Besides that I wouldn't worry about the clicking. 99% of the time is due to something caught between the inner and outer drum. Hope this helps and EXCELLENT JOB with the belt.