Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

whirlpool duet front loader, not all cycles work. normal wash,

whirlpool duet front loader, not all cycles work. normal wash, whitest whites, and heavy duty cycles showw a -- on the display. delicate, and quick wash works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get us the full model #?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry, but i do not have the model available, i am at work. It is a Whirlpool Duet front loading washer, purchased 3 years ago.

New development. I unplugged the machine, waited an hour and plugged it back in. The normal wash cycle was displaying 71 (which is the cycle time) After 5 seconds -- came back to the display. Help!

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

I don't believe this is draining, can you open the door?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, it is draining. the cycles that do run, (delicate, quick, and washer clean) have no issues, and they run to completion.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok, can you send me the model # XXXXX?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The Model # XXXXX XXXXX Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer. I just got home and plugged in the washer and tried again. The cycle normal cycle display was good for about a minute and then the -- flashed a few times, after about 20 seconds of it going back and forth the -- was back steady.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok , what I'm going to do is send you the factory tech sheets and diagnostic instructions, follow the diagnostic directions and this will tell you the problem, theres no other way on these, its all electronic, heres the link, http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10071760.pdf page 7 is the diagnostic page, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Error code F24. Is there a way to reset?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR ERROR

If the water temperature sensor (NTC) value is out of range

(23°F to 217°F [-5°C to 103°C]) during the water-heating step

of the WASH cycle.

NOTE: To find correct Ohm reading refer to the Water

Temperature Sensor section, page 10.

Possible Causes/Procedure

1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

2. Check the water temperature sensor and connection to it.

3. Check resistance of heating element, if present on this

model. (abnormal = infinity)

4. Refer to the Water Temperature Sensor section, page 10.

Water Temperature Sensor

1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

2. Disconnect the wire harness from the water

temperature sensor and measure the resistance of the

sensor. Use the following table. An abnormal condition

is an open circuit.

Temperature Results

32°F (0°C) 35.9kΩ

86°F (30°C) 9.7kΩ

104°F (40°C) 6.6kΩ

122°F (50°C) 4.6kΩ

140°F (60°C) 3.2kΩ

158°F (71°C) 2.3kΩ

203°F (96°C) 1kΩdo you have a volt meter and know how to check the ohms? theres no reset, the sensor is probably bad, are you getting both hot and cold water to the machine? make sure someone didn't shut one off, let me know, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.