Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

fridge problem

Customer Question

freezer side is cooling fine but the refrigerator side is not cooling at all. I unplugged and plugged back in but still not cooling. It is only 2 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Repairman1981 :

If you mean literally NO air coming in, check your back wall of freezer and see if you have any frost, if not then you have a bad damper assembly

Repairman1981 :

What does the ref display show?

Customer :

I see no errors showing up on the display and I don't see any frost on the back side of the freezer....I've unplugged the refrigerator and I was going to let it all thaw out to see if that helped...I also removed the panel on the top to see the main controller board. It really means little to me but there sticker on the inside has some diagnostic tests and error codes, I just don't know how to run them.

Customer :

If it is the damper assembly is there a way I can change that?

Repairman1981 :

The damper assembly is pretty easy to change on this model, give it 12-14 hours after plugging back in and report back what you find, Lg's are bad about board problems. So that being said if you have a problem lemme know and I can give you part numbers or something if needed. Thanks!

Customer :

The entire unit has been plugged back in and seems to be working fine at this time. I didn't really do anything. Do you think the problem was just some type of ice build-up that caused it to stop cooling or will I have an issue in the near future?