Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

I have a ge front loading washing machine. It seems that it

I have a ge front loading washing machine. It seems that it does not follow the proper sequence for rinse and spin. The clothes remain wet and in watching the machine I notice that it does spin and that the water pump is working but after spinning it puts more water in and never spins again, just tumbles slow a few times before stopping.

Hello, I am here to assist you. What you have is not uncommon with front load washers. They are designed to if the drain pump becomes clogged they will not spin to protect the motor and belt. Below the door is a panel that is held on by 3 screws at the bottom of that panel. Remove the screws and pull down on the panel to take it off. Now on the right side of the machine you will see the drain pump with what looks like a white plug. That is a pump trap designed to collect anything that might get in the pump, usually coins. If that trap becomes to full hen the pump will not drain out properly and therefore your washer will not spin out correctly. Unscrew that trap, pull it out and look inside the pump to make sure nothing else is in there. Put it all back together and you are good to go. I am sending you 2 diagrams. The first is the panel which is #247 on the diagram and the second is the pump which is #249 and 285 on the diagram. Hope this helps and I am here for any other assistance.