Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

How do I access diagnostic mode for control board

I have a kitchen aid side by side that is freezing things in the fridge side. I know there must be some sort of diagnostic mode to check thermistors and stuff, how do I access it?

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Here is the tech sheet for your unit, also how to put it in diagnostics and check each item, I think you are going to find that the dampener motor going from the freezer to the fresh food side is stuck open, to download the tech sheet just click on the blue link below to download it to your computer...

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory