MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

Our quiet partner 2 dishwasher has started to work intermittently....most

Our quiet partner 2 dishwasher has started to work intermittently....most of the time none of the buttons work (normal, light wash, pots and pans, etc), then out of they blue, they seem to work and the washer will work normally. I can't seem to find a rhyme or reason as to when it deides to work. I've checked the power source and it is fine. The latching mechanism seems to be latching, but again most times the main buttons don't work. Am I looking at some sort of short or wiring issue? Any thoughts......
Chat Conversation Started
MASTER-TECH :

It is likely that the membrane of touch pad is going bad. This will happen when moisture gets in to the pads or the pads are shorting. Below is a link to parts.

MASTER-TECH :

Click here for parts

MASTER-TECH :

It will be #6 and make sure to get the correct color.

MASTER-TECH :

Thank you...

JACUSTOMER-fxd5pkdq- :

Thanks how difficult of a fix is this and with the price tag of the part am I better off just buying a new machine?

MASTER-TECH :

How old is the unit and have you been happy with the way it works?

JACUSTOMER-fxd5pkdq- :

We just moved into the house a month ago and I have a feeling it's original equipment (the house is 7 yrs old)

MASTER-TECH :

Do you have the serial #.

JACUSTOMER-fxd5pkdq- :

yes, stand by

JACUSTOMER-fxd5pkdq- :

FP0524400

MASTER-TECH :

The unit was made in 03. The average life of a unit is about 10 years. If you are not happy with the preformance or the noise level of the unit then I would replace it. Also I would remove the toe plate and check the pump for signs of water leakage. If there are replace the unit. If you are ok with how it is working then do the repair. $150 for another 3 years is not bad. I seen they did not give a color. I would give then a call when ordering to make sure you get the correct color.

MASTER-TECH :

The repair is disconnecting the power to the unit and removing the screws from the inside of the door. Becarefull of the door spring back. Unmount the control board and change out the panel. Taking digital photos along the way will help with wiring and reassembly.

JACUSTOMER-fxd5pkdq- :

thanks for the help, I'll give it a shot

Let me know how it goes. Have a good night...