Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How can I tell if a clothes dryer will vent out the left side

How can I tell if a clothes dryer will vent out the left side instead of the back before I buy it? Dryer needs to be flush against the wall to the rear to have enough room to open the door.
there will be a punch out on the side of the dryer that you can clear see near the bottom on the back right or left corner. It will be round or square and it will literally look it's an access panel that you need to punch out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Am shopping online and cannot SEE/EXAMINE sidewall for a punch-out panel.
Is there an online list of manufacturers and models of gas dryers that have the capability of venting out the left side?
there isn't but sometimes when your shopping on-line there will be a link to the installation instructions that will list if it's a possibility.

I will warn you that for a Gas Dryer, you are very limited. I know Fisher and Paykel dryers can be vented out the side, but most gas dryers the burner takes up the entire lower left or right side, and the motor takes up the other side so most gas dryers can't be vented out the side.