Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance

My kitchenaid 2 drawer dishwasher has a problem. The bottom

Customer Question

My kitchenaid 2 drawer dishwasher has a problem. The bottom drawer has a pool of water in it that won't empty. I've tried running various cycles, but no luck.

I'm wondering how to fix it, and if there are changes I should make to make it more reliable.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started

Try lifting the rack out, and removing the silver plate by rotating the center counter clockwise, and then rotate the motor out by turning it counter clockwise, then look for a clog.

Most likely all that is wrong is a clog in there, however you might find chewed up teeth on it. If so, then replace the rotor. Thanks!

Do you need a part number for the rotor?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I couldn't find a clog or broken rotor (although it was cool to disassemble it!). It's possible that the assembly wasn't fastened down properly though.

I ran the rinse cycle after taking it apart and putting it together again; it sounds like it's operating: various noises followed by pauses...

After the cycle completed, it's still full of water, unfortunately.

Anything else I should check?