Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My Maytag Bravos washer flashes sd error during rinse, and

Customer Question

My Maytag Bravos washer flashes "sd" error during rinse, and won't complete the cycle. I have never used regular or excessive amounts of detergent, and after receiving the first error message, I emptied the washer and ran a couple of cycles with no detergent or clothes, to no avail. Help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster

let me see what I can find out on this. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bravos quiet series 300, model # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sd means suds problem , even though you don't use the wrong detergent this can sometimes build up and cause a problem , this could also be a drain pump issue, you need to check the drain pump and hoses for obstructions, is this draining?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it's draining.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok so what happens when you start this, does it fill and wash but error codes in spin/drain?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It fills and washes normally, and then the SD code appears sometime during rinse (there's always about 10-12 minutes left on the timer). The SD code remains on the display and the dial is flashing while the machine does a recovery routine. When the routine is over, the dial stops flashing, but SD remains on the display, and the washer drains itself.

In order to remove the SD code, I have to power on/off again.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I'm going to opt out and let someone else take this, not sure on this one whats going on, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

he needs to remove the pump from the bottom of the washer. what ever is causing this is in or around the pump. this can be done by tilting the machine to the rear. there are 2 clamps he can remove and remove the pump. check in the hoses and the pump itself.

Your code Sd is most likely related to 'slow drain', which can be the pump in the machine or the drain behind it. Check to be sure the drain is clearing quickly enough and if so, have the pump on the washer checked or remove from washer and clean it out. In the meantime, if you hit cancel and let it sit a bit then hit start, it should take right off and finish the cycle. Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will try this and get back to you. Thanks.
this will fix the problem ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks