Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Jenn Air JCD2389-GE ice maker not working. not locked!! Water

Customer Question

Jenn Air JCD2389-GE ice maker not working. not locked!! Water overfilled last night making quite a frozen mess in freezer. cleaned that up today, basically unplugged, took panels off inside after noticing lots of water dripping.
Coils and fins all ice up, so defrosted and melted all ice. Put back in service and everything seems to run fine except ice maker not filling. Ice maker works to dispense.
Could it be the fill valve in back??? I've checked and reset all connections.
Please help???
Ken
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

the valve is sticking, first open and now wont open, you will still get water through the door its a dual valve, Part 914955this is located where the water line from the house connects in the back of the refrigerator, the plastic lines are quick connect lines, to remove them just push the white rings towards the valve and pull out on the lines, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-JCD2389+GE-%3d%3dd508355ei914955&PartID=914955 this will take care of your issue, make sure you melt all the ice that overflowed on the ice maker so it doesn't jam up and break that too, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan, beleive it or not the part just came FedEx. Installed and it is still not working/filling.
I did notice while watching it that it went through a cycle, meaning the on/off bar was down in the on position, and it went through some sort of cycle because it raised up hmmm. Then I couldn't put it back in the on position, but then it continued through a cyccl where I could put it down/on.
I've also been messing with the connections on both valves, noting that the connections are on the proper valves, but maybe wrong side???
Can U help.
I will pay you, I just did not notice the accept button until I revisited that link today.
Thanks
Ken
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok Ken its cycling but water isn't going in? the tube may have frozen did you defrost that also?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is cycling but water is not going into the tray, just leaking all over the freezer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you need to see if the tube that feeds the water to the ice maker in the freezer is dropping the water into the cup at the back of the ice maker, it may be frozen or even cracked at this point, you can see the cup at the back of the ice maker in this picture(on the right side) Part 915772this may be frozen and now the water is going over the top of the cup,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey Bryan, FUBAR on my part!!! Appears that when installing the module I. I. did not align the tube into the cup, never notice/thought about it, always assumed it did.
Anyway, after knowing the fill tube was not plugged/frozen and after a more careful observation and taking the module back out I carefully aligned the fill tube into the module.
It's filling as it should be. I'm sure this/that was the issue.
I wonder if I even needed the valve now, but it was not filling.
Anyway is the electrical portion right? I assume so, I suppose.
What do you think????
Ken
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure now if you needed it or not, it must have had a problem if it overflowed to begin with so I think you did need it, any good job and well wishes,and please don't forget to press accept if you think I've helped you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX mean the electrical connections really don't matter???
Can U send the wiring diagram on that portion???
Just anal enough just to check it!!!!
Ken
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well the way to tell is press the paddle for water if water comes out and fills the glass then its connected correctly, it doesn't matter which way the plug itself is on as long as its on both terminals. thats it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cool, Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX ?, for my knowledge where/what is the paddle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thats the part you push in to get water out of the door, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yea of course, I thought U meant the paddle on the ice maker.
What fills the ice maker then?? just the cycling of itself I suppose?
thanks
ken
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1 more answer please.
Thanks, Ken
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes the cycle on the ice maker feeds the power to the valve , thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the Icemaker Repair 101 class.
Take care,
sincerely,
Ken
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thanks Ken well wishes , Bryan