kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing/installing various appliances

my black and decker icr515 will not heat up

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingcobra80 replied 6 years ago.
Chances are the thermostat is bad. Open the Iron up. Use a volt meter to test the thermostat and heating element. With the thermostat turned to a high heat setting. It won't matter which electrical connection at the thermostat you place the probes on, just put one on one side and the other on the other terminal at the thermostat. If you find continuity(Meter needle jumps, or digital read out show little or no resistance found) your thermostat is ok. Then place your probes across the two leads on the heating element. You should read little or no resistance. Any parts found showing an open open circuit(Zero on your meter) will need replacing.Contact and they should be able to order one for you. If there is anything else I can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.