Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands

i have a jenn air double oven that is giving me an error message

i have a jenn air double oven that is giving me an error message - F8E1 Low fan speed overspeed. The product is experiencing a problem and can no longer be used. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Repairman1981 :

There isn't anything on the fan that is serviceable, probably just the RPS sensor on the side of the fan, but you cannot buy it by itself

Repairman1981 :

Only the whole fan assembly

Repairman1981 :

So as long as the fan is getting power, then likely it is just a bad fan. The RPS sensor is a data signal so you cannot put a meter on it

Repairman1981 :

If I were in your home I would explain these facts to you and replace the fan

Repairman1981 :

99% of the time this solves it if it does not replace the control board

Repairman1981 :

This is the only 2 things that can cause

Customer :

the oven was just installed last week. is it possible it was not hooked up properly?

Customer :

this is the first time we have had the oven at 500 degrees

Customer :

cooking pizza

Repairman1981 :

Oh, if it's brand new it is either a mfg defect or a loose wire (loose wire most likely on a new oven) Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to fix it without pulling the oven

Repairman1981 :

Since it's brand new and under warranty I personally wouldn't touch it

Repairman1981 :

I would call for service where you bought it and try to get them to hurry it up especially since they likely don't stock the fan

Customer :

Very good, the installer will be back next week and can look at it. thank you for your help.

Repairman1981 :

installer likely can't help you will need a service tech to open it up

Repairman1981 :

You can try to make them but most installers don't open the appliance

Customer :

okay, thanks

Repairman1981 :

sorry I couldn't be more help Is there anything else you need on it?

Repairman1981 :

Please remember to click accept and leave feedback for me. If you think of anything else just post to this same question so your not charged twice

Customer :

no, that helps. Thank you

Repairman1981 :

your welcome, ask again if you need anything else

Experience: 7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands