Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I own a GE Spacemaker Microwave Oven,

Customer Question

I own a GE Spacemaker Microwave Oven, Model # XXXXX In earkyn spring we noticed a crack at the handle area. We had a previous GE Spacemaker Microwave Oven and the handle cracked and then broke. There are only two of us who use these microwaves and we are both very, very careful with our properties, so this handle breking is not due to our misuse. After reading the GE microwave complaint site I see that others have this problem as well as other GE microwave problems. I was disappointed to hear of their woes in dealing with GE. But here I am relaying my problem to you. I know that this handle breaking is GE's problem. I have always bought GE products and this is the first time I have been unhappy with your products. Now I want GE to either (1) replace the door (it's cracked at the bottom where the handle goes into the door) or (2) replace the microwave without any cost to me. Please respond ASAP because I am anxious to settle this without further action. Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 3 years ago.
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

how old is the microwave?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Purchased on 5 March 2009 from a military base exchange.

with it being over 1 year old then its out of warranty and GE will not do anything about the door handle and i have seen the handles on all makes and models break and they are not that high priced ,, the part number is XXXXX and cost about $50 and very easy to replace ,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is not a satisfactory answer and I will pay you anything for that answer. Do not charge my credit card!

Doris M. Chacon

whatever floats your boat but you came to us with a question and we did not chase you down ,, but ge will not do anything about this