Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My microwave is lighting up but the buttons dont work (key

My microwave is lighting up but the buttons don't work (key pad). I have tried to unplug and plug back in, unlock it, checked fuses. Don't know what else it could be.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 6 years ago.
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

you will have to replace the control asm, part number WB56X10823 which cost about $180 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you and that will fix the problem ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this something I could replace on my own? Do you think that I should just go out and get a new micro? Do you know what could have caused this? It is not even two years old?
most likely it was cause by a power surge and you cna replace it yourself by removing the grill across the top and the screw holding the control panel on place, push up and set off and swap out