Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My GE electric range oven does not work. The burners on the

My GE electric range oven does not work. The burners on the stove top work but not the oven. What are the possible problems and best solution?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi does the broiler work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This is the message I received

I sent my technician out to see to the problem and the unit is not working on either bake or broil. The burners are fine.

The error code he is receiving leads him to believe the control panel is faulty.

On that type of range, he said it is much cheaper just to replace the range than it would be to try to replace the faulty circuit board

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
It would be help full if I had the error code. Here is a list of things that will cause this problem.

1. Popped Breaker
  2. Blown thermal fuse (if it has one)
  3. Blown heating element (will cause broil element to go out also)
  4. Bad relay on control board.

First thing to check is the heater and the breaker these are the most common faults.

Depending on age and condition if the control board is bad and the unit is in bad condition replace the unit. If the unit is in good shape then you should have the repair done. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The unit was new when it was installed in 2004 and it seems that the stove top works fine. I have not personally inspected the unit so I do not know its condition. The last time I actually saw it was approximately a year ago and it was in good condition at that time. I have never had a range need replacement so quickly and I have owned homes since 1977.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok then if this problem is the control board and if that control board is still available i would have the repair done.