Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

When I run my dishwasher the overflow spout, located on my

When I run my dishwasher the overflow spout, located on my sink, leaks water. When we first built the house this never happened. But in the last year or so it leakse water every time I run the dishwasher.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

which overflow spout on the sink are you talking about?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is only one on my sink, it is next to the faucet and water comes out only when I run the dishwasher. It is covered by a silver cap and if you take it off it is white. The model # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this means it backing up in the drain under the sink. you will need to take the trap apart and clear it, the trap is the elbow part under the sink. the water cant flow fast enough down the drain so it backs up and comes out the overflow, once the drain is clear it will stop, thanks Bryan