Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

why does my Hotpoint Model Number CSX20EAS side by side frig

why does my Hotpoint Model Number CSX20EAS side by side frig get cold in the freezer section but is warm in the refrigerator side?

is there any frost on the back panel in the freezer?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes there is frost on back panel of freezer.
ok you have a defrost problem, can you remove the panel? if so remove it and take a hair dryer and defrost all the frost out off the coils, then you will need to replace this, its the defrost heater assembly, these burn out and need to be replaced, you can order this @ 0046&supplierId=363&brandId=1811&documentId=E2139870&keySuffixId=B&modelNumber=CSX20EASMWH&keyId=000230B&pageId=00002&productTypeId=0165000&searchModelNumber=CSX20EASMWH&subCompDesc=Freezer%20section&brandDesc=HOTPOINT&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&blt=11 when your done defrosting this just put the back panel back on and when the part arrives replace it, this will run fine for about two weeks before it freezes up again plenty of time to get the part, hope this helps, thanks Bryan