Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Wehave a 4 yr old Frigidaire Gallery Series Gas dryer. The

Wehave a 4 yr old Frigidaire Gallery Series Gas dryer. The drum will spin, no heat though. There is no error code on the panel either. We recently got our vents cleaned but I think it worked fine after that. I did notice that the technician punctuted the flex exhaust line when he moved the dryer back in place. Not sure that this is why we are getting no heat though.....Please help if you can. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the full model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Its hard to read the model number but I think it is GLGO (or Q) 2152ESO
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok I think I found it, now do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity? also if I send you diagrams do you think you can get this apart?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I dont feel comfortable taking the thing apart altho I do have a volt ohm meter. If it was something simple like a blown fuse or the gas being shut off, I could handle that. i am not very handy. So just to summarize:

-we had the AC guy come out to clean the dryer vent 2 weeks ago. I think it worked ok after that but now we have no heat coming into the dryer.

-They did tear a hole in the exhaust flexable tubing (that prob should not cause the no heat issue.

-I did check the fuse on the panel marked dryer-seemed to be just fine. I had read that in some cases there are 2 fuses for a dryer, I only found the one.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this is a gas dryer correct? theres only one house fuse, it runs on 110 volts, the vent hose tear would have nothing to do with it. there are however thermal fuses in the dryer itself and other parts that can cause the like the flame sensor and the gas valve solenoids,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan-thanks. i agree with you. Do think there is a chance they messed it up or stirrd up some lint after they cleaned our vent? I can see a considerable amount of vent underneath it and I seem to recall that there was a warning light that came on indicating "clean the lint filter" which of course I did. Maybe there is a sensor that will shut down the heat if too much lint accumulates inside? Wondering what worse case scenario is-new heater element? How much could that be? I called the people who sold and installed it-ABT in Chicago. The charge 140 bucks a vist but that includes any addtl trips they need not including parts.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry just got back from dinner, yes theres a chance there is dust and lint in it they could be causing the vent to back up the air flow and cause this, but still it would need to come apart if its internal, you can try taking the vent completely off the dryer and see if the heat comes on, other than that it needs service unfortunately, sorry , I wish there was an easy answer for you, thanks Bryan